‘Great training, great people and great results’
Mike Hannigan, Director, Coworkinn
Could you use some media training?
Do you and your colleagues need help:
- Preparing for an upcoming talk, presentation, or media interview?
- Publicising an event or research finding?
- Getting your point of view across in a public debate?
Whatever your need, we can help, with communications coaching, training and advice. But don’t just take our word for it:-
‘Hugely informative … I really couldn’t have asked for more out of the training and it was very reasonably priced!’
Linda Kelly, project officer, Association for Higher Education Access & Disability (AHEAD)
Communications workshops, one-to-one coaching
We can help you to identify and clarify your message, and tell your story. Our regular media workshops are always popular. These intensive, practical and enjoyable sessions are a very cost-effective way of acquiring new confidence and new skills. We also provide customised training on site for teams, and one-to-one coaching. Book now!
Our two most popular training sessions are:
- How to get your message across: learn to identify and clarify your message, and practise conveying it quickly and effectively in a live radio interview (half-day).
- How to hit the headlines: Learn how to make news for all the right reasons, with a workshop that will teach you about news, and how to create an effective press release and media campaign (half-day). Full details of our regular media skills training are here.
HOW: Each participant takes part in practical exercises designed around their pre-prepared press release or briefing; all participants share in a common feedback session, learning from each other’s experience. Fees include all handouts, newspapers, and (for the interview sessions) a copy of their recorded interviews.
This communications training is perfect for: Anyone who wants to encourage the media to cover their work. Anyone wanting or needing to deal with the media. Anyone whose name appears in a press release.
NUMBERS LIMITED TO TEN to ensure individual attention and feedback on the day.
At Ingenious Ireland, we have over 20 years media experience, in print and broadcast media, and we’ve been providing specialist media and communications training to people working in science, technology and the health sector for many years.
Your trainers: Experienced broadcast journalists, who have been providing media training for years: science journalist and editor Mary Mulvihill, who is also a trainer with the international EscoNet project and former RTE health and science correspondent Aileen O’Meara.